Wednesday, August 24, 2005

We Are Completely Ridiculous

Bryan got a promotion and a raise this week, so we celebrated by spending all the money up front on a new camera: a Canon SD400 Elph.

I mean, why wait, right? Just milk it dry before it even hits the bank and pray you don't get fired.

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this type of financial planning, but there seems to be a washer missing on our cash flow lately.

We’ve got ourselves a gusher.

It all started when we got a phat tax return earlier in the year. We spent the money on some assets for our home, such as a new couch; we paid off the furnace we had to buy when the old one broke down on the coldest day of the year, and we splurged a little.

Boy, did we splurge.

And we keep splurging.

I do like the new camera, though, so I can’t complain. That’s the problem: something in me says, ‘Don’t spend the money!’ Then another voice says, ‘But that camera is wicked cool!’

I have only one complaint about the camera itself, though. I think it might be too big and clunky to carry around. I mean, really, if it’s not small enough to hide in your cleavage then what IS the point?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Zug said...

>>
so we celebrated by spending all the money up front
>>

Well 'all the money' is a relative statement, no?

As in, all the money for the -- Day? Week? Month? Decade?

For reference, we did not spend a year's raise on a camera -- but if it could hide in cleavage, well, maybe we would've.

-- The Husband

8/24/2005 10:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home