Saturday, August 20, 2005

The New Quote Feature!

I love it when I read or hear someone say something funny or thoughtful, but I hate it when I have no one to share it with. For this reason I have added a Quote Pile to the sidebar, and will link it to this post where I will collect them all. I can't think of a better quote to kick it off with than one of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite movies. Enjoy!

8/19/05
"I assure you that my personal tragedy will not interfere with my ability to do good hair!"
-- Annelle, in Steel Magnolias

8/21/05
"I don't want to marry anyone who's really wicked, but I wouldn't mind marrying someone who could be wicked."
- Anne Shirley, from Anne of Green Gables

8/22/05
"God calls us to a life involving frequent risks and many dangers. Why else would we need him to be our ezer [lifesaver]? You don’t need a lifesaver if your mission is to be a couch potato."
- from Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul, by John and Stasi Eldredge


8/24/05
"...I opened the door to my houseboat, and I stood there a minute, and then I hung my head and said, 'Fuck it, I quit.' I took a long deep breath and said out loud, 'Alright, you can come in.' So this was my beautiful moment of conversion."
- Annie Lammott, on the moment she became a Believer, as told in Traveling Mercies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I quote Steel Magnolias all the time! I always tell my friend I love her more than my luggage!

8/20/2005 04:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home