Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Happy Anniversary

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly time marches on -- that I would find myself on this, my fourth wedding anniversary, cleaning the house, paying bills, and thawing meat for dinner.

I’m not much of a romantic, but I somehow still envisioned that this day would feel special, magical, because this was the day I chose to leave Self and enter Other. On this day I sacrificed my vision of the future in order to follow the vision of one man, and for a 29 year old independent woman, that was a big deal.

What I see now after a morning of pondering the current ebb of our relationship, is that the magic
lies in not the emotional feeling of the day, but rather in the choice to love even when one needs friends to remind her of why she first loved in the beginning.

And to the one I love I say happy anniversary, and I love you even more today.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I actually completely forgot my 3rd wedding anniversary. I didn't remember until my hubby gave me a gift that night!

7/27/2005 03:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home